Between March 24 and April the 7th, several of our ITT colleagues traveled to Gambia to work as volunteers in two of the schools we support in the country with Caminos Solidarios:
They worked in two schools:
- - Cleaning, painting classrooms and a fence. Delivery of clothing and school supplies.
- - In Manduar, the NGO that helped them disappeared and they had not received any salary or money for two years to buy school materials or to maintain the school. It was very abandoned and after the work done a decent school was left for the kids.
- - In ITT the objective is to help in a sustainable way so that the school does not stop having the necessary anymore.
- - Games and workshops with the children. –
- - Delivery of clothing and school supplies.
- - ITT sponsored the construction of a second module of classes and a wall to protect the garden from animal’s thefts in the area.
Thanks Monica, Ferran, Alex, María, Joan ... For your effort, dedication to those who need it most, you are an example for the rest of us.
From ITT we encourage you to participate in these projects with Caminos Solidarios. There are formulas of all kinds, as a member, with specific donations, sponsoring a cup of milk ... as volunteers and of course, we encourage you to visit Gambia!
And a final thought: "You do not have to go far to help others"